Blackened Chicken Wings With Dairy-Free Cool Ranch Dip
The technique of coating the chicken wings in spices creates a very flavorful crispy skin. In this healthful baked method, the comes out very tender, and rivals a deep fryer’s results.
Plus, see plenty more great Super Bowl party ideas here.
Makes: 4 servings of wings and 1 cup of dip
Both recipes free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 1 tbsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lb chicken drumettes and wingettes (wing tips already removed)
- Carrot sticks, for serving
- Celery sticks, for serving
Cool Ranch Dip
- 1 cup vegan, soy-free or regular mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 – 4 tbsp unsweetened plain dairy-free milk beverage
For less spicy wings, substitute a mild chili powder for all or part of the chipotle chili powder.
- Preheat oven to 400° F and place a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and salt in a large sealable plastic bag. Seal and shake until spices are well distributed.
- Add chicken drumettes and wingettes to the plastic bag, seal and shake until fully coated with all seasoning.
- Place coated chicken on the wire rack with pieces not touching one another. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until lightly blackened and crispy on the outside.
- Serve chicken wings with Cool Ranch Dip, carrot sticks, and celery sticks.
- Place mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add milk beverage, as needed, to reach desired consistency.
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes