Prosciutto Wrapped Figs
Makes: 24 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- 12 fresh figs*
- 8 slices proscuitto (very thinly sliced)
- 1 cup (250 mL) balsamic vinegar
*Ripe green or black figs should be firm when squeezed gently. Avoid those that are too soft or very hard.
- Halve figs lengthwise. Cut each slice of prosciutto lengthwise into three strips.
- Wrap each fig half with a length of prosciutto and arrange on a platter.
- Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Boil until liquid has reduced to about 1/4 of a cup and is thick and syrupy.
- Drizzle sauce over figs and serve with a pre-dinner cocktail.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.