Cilantro Chicken Satay
Makes: 12-16 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Photo: Chris Gonzaga
- 1/2 lbs (700 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
Satay and Dipping Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) cilantro leaves, chopped, plus some for garnish
- 1 cup (250 mL) mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 wooden skewers, soaked in water an hour in advance
- In a large bowl, combine the 7 sauce ingredients. Pour 1/2 of this marinade into a small dipping bowl and set aside.
- Add chicken breasts to the large bowl of marinade, combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat griddle pan (or grill) on medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile arrange chicken strips on the soaked skewers, leaving a 2-inch “handle” at one end.
- Brush griddle pan lightly, with vegetable oil. Cook skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve skewers on a platter with the dipping bowl.
Sign up for Allergic Living's free newsletter for more great allergy-friendly and gluten-free recipes, plus the latest food allergy research and news.