Apple Cider Vinaigrette Coleslaw
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp grapeseed or canola oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp dry ground mustard*
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups (710 mL) shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded purple cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small apple, julienned
*If mustard-allergic, omit or substitute a pinch of xanthan gum.
Serve as a wonderful compliment to any burger or sandwich.
Makes: 6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens (mustard optional)
- To make dressing, place vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, pepper and salt in a blender, and puree until emulsified, 1 minute.
- Wash and thoroughly dry shredded green and purple cabbage. Place in a medium bowl. Add carrot and dressing. Stir thoroughly to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours (can be made a day ahead), stirring periodically.
- Just before serving, stir in apple.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes