For the Canadian school hub, click here.
U.S. School Accommodations Rights Materials:
- Know Your Rights at School
- Know Your Rights at College
- Federal 504 Plan information
- 7 Mistakes to Avoid When Advocating at a 504 Meeting
- CDC’s Voluntary Guidelines for Managing Food Allergies in Schools and Early Care Programs
- Does Your School District Need: A Food Allergy Task Force?
- Lesley U. Decision: Victory for Allergy, Celiac Access
- AAFA on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- FAAMA – Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Management Act: expert explains the federal act.
- AAFA’s Annual Report: State of Asthma and Allergy Policies for Schools.
Food Allergy/Anaphylaxis Action Plans
- AAAAI’s Anaphylaxis Emergency Action Plan
- FARE’s Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan
- National Assn of School Nurses’ Anaphylaxis Provision of Care documents
Asthma Action Plans
State anaphylaxis laws, policies and guidelines:
In addition to the federal FAAMA, several states have published (or are about to publish) statewide school food allergy guidelines.Click here for the list.
Allergic Living Allergy, Celiac School Tools, Posters:
- Six That Save Lives, our popular anaphylaxis emergency poster.
- I Am A Child with Food Allergies & Talking Food Allergies, Free anaphylaxis awareness poster.
- It’s Off (Gulp) to Kindergarten with Food Allergies
- Managing Dairy Allergy in School
- Excluding the Treats, Not the Allergic Child at School
- Help Schools ‘Get’ Food Allergies – understanding the importance of food allergy awareness in the classroom.
- Off to College, with Food Allergies, Celiac Disease.
- U.S. Colleges Directory: Comparing Food Allergy & Gluten-Free Policies
- See our full school section here.
Other Top Food Allergy, Celiac Learning Resources:
- FARE’s Education Network: a wealth of presentation resources for school nurses, teachers, parents and other health and safety advocates for teaching others
- National Assn of School Nurses’ Saving Lives at School Connection Cards + Back-to-School Checklist
- FARE e-learning for teachers: Allergyready.com
- Allergy Home’s Food Allergies in School: What Staff Need to Know
- NFCA’s Gluten-Free College Student Toolkit
- FARE’s Managing Food Allergies in the Cafeteria
- National Jewish Health video: School & Asthma Risks
See Also – From the Allergic Living Archive:
- Food in the Classroom
- Teens and Kissing with Food Allergies
- Sabrina’s Law – Award-winning article on girl who inspired anaphylaxis law.
- A Nutty Tale – Sabrina’s radio documentary.
- Who’s Watching Lunch at School?
- Beware the September Asthma Spike
- Food Allergy and the Risky Teenage Years
Next page: Individual state laws, policies and guidelines